The APAC industries team was recently launched at Salesforce to help ensure we maintain our 30+% pa growth
in key industries such as Manufacturing, Financial Services, Retail, CPG and Communications.
The industries team achieves this through external engagement with customers on a 1:1 basis through speaking
slots at events; as well as through internal enablement and industry expertise support to the sales teams and
The team executes a playbook with 5 work-streams to help our sales teams achieve this high level of growth:
1. Industry Demgen: Lead structured and programmatic demand generation activities, working with the extended
Salesforce machine of field-marketing, partners, sales programs and telemarketers. This includes presenting at
Salesforce events and 3rd rd party conferences with c-level customers
2. Industry Community & Board: Set up and run industry communities within the Salesforce India sales and
supporting organization (e.g., organize training sessions, presentations by customers to our teams and run
enablement workshops). Industry Leads also act as the COO of the Industry Boards – cross-functional groups led
by a senior sales, leader to drive focus and growth for the industry across India
3. Industry Sales Assets: Identify the industry sales assets (including value propositions, industry trends, C-level
challenges and strategic value of technology) and enable all customer-facing teams on these assets
4. Industry Accounts: Work as part of the extended account teams on the top 5 strategic accts for an Industry in
India, providing bespoke industry expertise in a customer-facing capacity to develop and progress large sales
opportunities. This account support can be extended to other accounts with large opportunities
5. Industry Thought Leadership: Developing industry points-of-view to publish online (e.g., LinkedIn) or through
Salesforce white papers that can also be presented at Salesforce events and 3 rd party conferences
The ideal candidate will be in a high-profile role to maintain and execute our playbook for the Manufacturing
industry in India, contributing to scale activity across broader APAC. The role will cover the following areas:
- Become the key point of contact for industry sales topics in the region.
- Act as COO on the Industry Board in support of the Board Leader
- Act as lead for IB50 Account Program for the industry including providing direct, hands-on support to top
5 most strategic accounts in India
- Conduct relevant customer and industry research to support our industry sales teams.
- Adapt existing industry sales kits and re-usable assets to assist our sales teams in their customer
- Present at Salesforce events and 3rd rd party conferences on industry topics and with customers
- Lead our industry-focused communities across India and APAC for aligning our sales teams
around best practice and knowledge sharing
- Develop industry thought-leadership and industry points-of-view
- Train up and support new-hire or new to-territory sales and tele-marketing representatives
on industry initiatives / trends and Salesforce industry value propositions.
- Maintain our industry reference collateral website / tool.
- Present to and consult with Salesforce local and APAC management on business trends with a view to
developing new industry programs and demand generation activities
- Act as liaison between field sales/presales/marketing and Global / regional organizations such as
- Monitor pipeline progression, join forecast calls and review meetings with mainly local/regional industry
sales teams, follow-up gaps and proactively recommend actions to cover gaps.
Skills / Attributes Needed
- Strong analytical background, ideally at a Tier 1 strategy consulting firm to an Engagement Manager /
Project Leader level
- MBA preferred, but not required
- Entrepreneurial spirit and confidence to pick up and lead new projects
- Experience in dealing with senior leaders plus good networking and strong influencing skills
- Happy to be accountable for delivering our 5 playbook work-streams with strong ownership
- Not necessarily deep industry experience, but with the intellect and passion to become an expert,
Manufacturing expertise being an advantage
- Ability to lead and influence extended teams without formal line-reporting authority
- Ability to take a practical approach to business development
- Willing to travel (inside India and APAC) to support on-going activities, key opportunities (~30% of time)
Good Line Of Business communication, and ability to present the industry concept internally (e.g., to
Sales teams) and externally (in front of senior client or at events)
- Fluency in English is essential and additional languages are a plus.