200 + Employees
About the job
As a Software Engineer in Microsoft CFE, you are expected to provide critical thinking and a high degree of technical innovation and attention to detail while serving as a trusted advisor to your project team. You will need to balance many complex and competing technical priorities and be able to actively architect, design, develop, and test solutions.
We need a highly talented, experienced Software Engineer who is passionate about-
Creating next generation products and services, has great development skills, a passion for quality and is excited to help build incredible, engineering solutions with stellar customer experiences.
Supporting products and services, has a strong knowledge on Azure, a working experience on manageability of Azure resources, environments, cost, security and compliance.
Role Model Our Microsoft Values: through behaviors and actions, set an example and represent the Microsoft Values of leveraging others work and helping others to be successful.
SWE [Combined Engineer – Dev, Test, Support]
- Write clean well thought out design and code with an emphasis on quality, simplicity, and maintainability, along with the ability to contribute to other’s ideas/design
- Active contribution to creating and maintaining of Infra using optimized resources, proactive monitoring and support.
- Contribute to design reviews, code reviews, and test case reviews
- Responsible for understanding and adapting to new technologies, tools, methods and processes from Microsoft and industry
- Active role in planning sprint activities and releases.
- Consider customer perspective and experiences when designing systems
- Stakeholder Relationship:
- Communicate effectively and partner well with other disciplines of the project team to deliver high quality solutions from envisioning to deployment to live site availability
- Drive innovative design/practices with simplification in mind
- Technology Evaluation and recommendation for application architecture problem
Skills (Must Have)
- Total of 5+ years of demonstrated work experience in the Information Systems industry ( Services & SQL).
- 3+ years of solid Design/Development/Testing developing SQL and data related technologies for large/complex application (SQL, DataBricks, DataLake, Python, Azure Synapse Analytics)
- Knowledge on Microsoft Azure technology.
- Good to have knowledge in .NET and building API services.
- Experience with DevOps model including but not limited to Continuous Delivery, Telemetry, Flighting/Experimentation, Test-Driven Development, and Testing in Production
- Good understanding of agile development practices
- Architecture/Design Engineering Skills:
- Ability to evaluate architectural options (complexity, performance, high-availability, scalability, durability) and make right recommendation for implementation
- Understanding of design patterns and data modeling concepts
- Good understanding and hand on experience in integration, message orientation, event driven and other Enterprise architectural patterns.
- Strong understanding of SOA, pros and cons and best practices.
- Solid understanding of BigData concepts and technologies.
- Good understanding of Enterprise scale technologies and developing large scale out services.
- Engineering Practices:
- Good experience on Requirement/Design/Code Review/ Pair Programming & Inspections practices
- Experience with any of the following testing: performance testing, security testing, privacy testing, accessibility testing, and localization/globalization testing.
- Experience using structured design and modeling techniques
- Other skills:
- Ability to work in cross functional teams and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate with and influence various stakeholders without authority
- Domain knowledge in one or more vertical industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle ambiguity and collaborate across multiple groups and disciplines
- Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating and decision making skills
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills with a solid understanding of testing practices
Skills (Nice to have)
- Knowledge on data mining, data visualization and machine learning
- Experience working within a global delivery model
- Full stack developer, experience with handling end to end work [from development / releases / support]
- Service Engineer with a strong development background
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Computer Hardware
- Computer Software
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology