Products and Technology
The Salesforce Industries cloud team has immediate opportunities for extremely talented software architect who wants her/his lines of code to have significant and measurable positive impact for users, the company’s bottom line, and the industry. You will be working with a group of world-class engineers to build the breakthrough features our customers will love, adopt, and use, while keeping our trusted platform stable and scalable.
The Architect helps to build the technological vision, drives technology strategy and influences business partners and technology leaders on strategic direction in general. He/she works with engineering leaders and other software architects on the definition and delivery of highly scalable and secure SaaS solutions. This position does not only require excellent technical skills, but outstanding analytical, leadership and influencing skills paired with great business insight. It is a cross-functional leadership role that requires alignment building and communication with all the engineering organization.
– Is accountable for defining and driving software architecture and enterprise capabilities (scalability, fault tolerance, extensibility, maintainability, etc.)
– Designs complex software systems for high-end solutions independently
– Determines overall architectural principles, frameworks, and standards
– Works in a consultative fashion with other organizations such as security and operations
– Provide leadership to engineers, QE and product partners
– Drives research, case studies, and prototypes on leading edge technologies and how they can be leveraged
– Oversees software architecture within the scope of assigned systems
– Analyzes and provides feedback on product strategy
-Works with other architects, principal architects, and CTOs to shape the architectural vision and roadmap for the organization.
Drives long-term design strategies that span multiple complex projects, deliver technical reports and performance presentations to customers and at industry events
Actively communicates, inspires and motivates all levels of staff.
Provides (informal) coaching to team members to support their understanding of the architecture and aid in their technical development.
Skills and Experience
- – C#, Java, J2EE, Spring
- – RDBMS and NoSQL: SQL Server, Oracle, Mongo, Cassandra
- – AWS or other public clouds
- – Containers (Docker, Kubernetes and/or similar)
- – CI/CD
- – Enterprise integration architecture and – patterns
- – Agile SDLC
- – Capacity planning
- – HA/DR system strategies
- – REST, MicroServices, Orchestration
- – Direct experience with relevant technologies and concepts: micro services, distributed systems, SaaS at scale, private/public cloud, MDA, EIA, etc
- – Experience with high-volume SaaS applications that manage data and traffic at massive, “IoT” Scale
– Experience with Instrumentation tools like AppDynamics, Splunk, Statsd & Instrumental
– Knowledge of Big Data technologies like Elastic Search, Kafka, Hbase, Spark, etc
– Experience with the Salesforce CRM application and platform
– Experience with Agile development methodology (e.g., Scrum)
-Open source contribution is a plus
– BS in related field and at least 14+ years of experience in Software Product Development