200 + Employees
About the job
Microsoft Services India Global Delivery delivers end-to-end solutions
by enabling accelerated adoption and productive use of Microsoft technologies.
An organization of well over 1000+ exceptional people, MS IGD presents a great
opportunity for highly skilled services professionals to make a foray into
consulting, solution development and delivery roles. The ideal consultant is
someone who is passionate for technology, has the breadth rather than specific
product depth, and has the drive and courage to articulate and stand up for a
great solution delivering true value for the client.
As a Microsoft Senior consultant, you will deliver quality engagements with your
expertise, either as an advisor, reviewer or resource in high profile projects
to ensure customer value. The ideal candidate must have the ability to combine
their technical skills, creativity and customer focus in order to deliver great
solutions to the customers and ensure they get the best out of our technologies
and solutions. Person in this position should be able to focus on the development
of customer business agility and business value, and deep experience with
- Candidates must have an understanding of customer and partner business and IT environment, and have demonstrated skills designing and developing technology in area(s) of specialization to solve business problems.
Candidates must have experience developing software for the Microsoft platform using programming languages and development platforms including C# or any modern programming language and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Participates in the delivery of complex solution as technical individual contributor or as a team member under coaching/guidance of senior team members.
- Strong knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle methodology, Technical design, development and implementation decisions on the use of technology in area(s) of specialization.
- Contribution to overall Release and Sprint planning
- Overall Application Design (HLD)
- Validate planned velocity of the feature teams
- Provide user story estimates in refinements to deliver quality and on time delivery
- Drive team to Code Metrics like Style Cop, FXCop, CC, Class Coupling are met as defined by the project
- Drive team to ensure code complies with security and performance standards
- Technical Debt Management
- Participation to Defect Triage
- Track and monitor the feature team’s delivery progress
- Track team sprint bug’s RCA for quality improvement in subsequent sprints and take action
- Track Test cases and ensure scenarios are created and linked to respective PBIs
- Track quality reports like Build and Sonarqube
- Conduct User story ready meeting DoD once Sprint ends
- Lead Sprint planning and task distribution
- Track creation of LLD for relevant user story
- Review LLD for relevant user story
- Ensure Unit Test, Integration test Automation as per the acceptance and P1, P2 test cases
- Ensure UI Automation for validation scenarios and 80% P1, P2
- Validate Performance Test Scenarios and Execution
- Validate Environment Readiness
- Ensure Functionality is verified to be working in the DEV Integration environment against the test cases identified by the test team.
- Ensure UI verification and validation
- Ability to understand and analyze issues and use judgment to make decisions.
- Strong problem solving & troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Responsible for self-development according to professional development plan
Areas of Expertise
- .NET Tools and Technologies – experience of leveraging the same and designing, implementing and deploying Business Mission Critical applications.
- Database skills for Microsoft SQL Server development.
- Agile Scrum methodology
- Sound knowledge on ASP.NET MVC, WCF, WPF / Silverlight and Scripting languages would be preferred.
- Prior Experience in Java, Microsoft Azure or Windows 8 Application development is a definite plus.
- Experience 6 to 15 years
- Must have a degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent
work experience. Higher relevant education preferred.
- Highly proficient & solid Customer facing Project experience
involving solution design, project envisioning, planning, development and
deployment of complex solutions with minimum of 5 plus years
- Must have a proven record of delivering technical solutions
- Having a MCSD/MCSE//MCAD certification is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Computer Hardware
- Computer Software
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology