200 + Employees
About the Company
We’ve always been an organisation with purpose; to use the power of communications to make a better world. You can trace this back to our beginning as pioneers of the world’s first telecommunications company. Over the past 180 years we’ve established ourselves as a strong brand capable of achieving great things. We support emergency services and hospitals, keep economies around the world online and secure, and deliver large scale infrastructure for global events such as the London 2012 Olympics. In recent years we’ve entered new markets and successfully launched BT Sport and BT Mobile, and acquired EE. So if you share in our vision then we’d love for you to be part of our future. To be part of progress.
About the job
To drive BT efficiency as a RPA Reporting Partner to the Business Insights team, by ensuring the management team understands the dynamics of its profitability and to work in partnership with Business Insight teams to deliver upper quartile service in terms of both cost and performance to the operational communities within BT.
Acting as the Business Partner for the Business Units, by managing the provision of the reporting, planning and analysis requirements of Business Insights (BI) Finance team and taking responsibility for the control, processing and consolidation of monthly results, forecasts and undertaking key project activities and liaising with Consolidation team for your respective BU’s.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Management of results. This includes managing and preparing month end flash reports, first line variance analysis and preparing management adjustment journals.
- Prepare and present the financial / management reports to the senior finance team
- Perform deep dive analysis and identify opportunities to save cost, assure revenue
- Work as the Business Partner to the Operations team and provide insight to the financial performance for the unit
- Develop the subject matter expertise and demonstrate ownership of the financial statements for the business unit
- Guide the finance team in developing & maintaining good financial hygiene
- Work closely with colleagues in the team in Delhi and team in BT UK.
- Role requires strong communication skills as it involves regular interaction with the Senior Finance Team in the onshore.
- Forecasting for the business and product area, including gaining market knowledge, identifying trends in the business, identifying price changes/product launches that will allow forecasting of future results.
- Complying with Sarbox standard results.
- Maintaining adequate backup and ensure data integrity
- Ad-hoc work during the month for specific issues that are identified by the BT team. For example, further detailed and deeper analysis of results, problem identification and resolution. This is a significant part of the role.
- Identifying opportunities to add value to BT’s operation. This will include driving efficiencies in the work area to speed up and improve the quality of output, identifying and introducing new quality reports that add benefit to BT, working with other teams in the area to share knowledge and best practice.
Manage the monthly accounting results of the Business Unit through:-
- Ensuring the integrity of the Business Unit’s monthly results.
- Ensuring accurate and timely charging of both internal and external charges in order to meet the accounting deadlines and track performance.
- Ensure all trading processes are executed accurately and in a timely manner to facilitate detailed analysis.
- To assist in the validation and processing of journals as required, in an accurate and timely manner to achieve month end close.
- Manage the provision of a meaningful and timely first level analysis of daily results to help explain Business Unit financial performance and assist in subsequent identification of root cause and recommend solutions.
- Manage the provision of accurate, timely, fit for purpose information on all aspects of Business Unit financial performance through production of regular monthly customer specified reports.
- Role will involve taking part in the wider management team to train sand coach other individuals and ensure that the overall quality of work and output levels for the team improve over time.
May 6, 2021, 11:59:00 PM