200 + Employees
Design Centre, Chennai – DC Turbine Solutions DC LaC – Value Eng. & Simulation Tools
Describe the Department
As a part of Vestas Power Solutions, Loads & Controls – Value engineering & simulation Tools department in Design Centre, Chennai is responsible for calculation of assessing the loads and power performance of Turbine at various stages in the product life cycle. Our main responsibility is product customization for site specific solutions for any new project, Repowering, Power Uprates, and also for service engineering.
The main deliveries from the department are load envelope to other component groups as well as commercial power performance document. Currently, the department consists of 30+ highly skilled and motivated engineers situated in Chennai. The team is dedicated to do their very best every day and we encourage a culture where we positively and breakthrough solutions with great degree of collaboration – as we believe this maximizes the value of our products.
LaC Vestas in Design Centre, Chennai works in a global setup, where we work closely with colleagues in our functional office in Denmark and Portugal. You will have many very high skilled colleagues in a social yet result-oriented atmosphere. Beside the colleagues from aboard, Load environment considering languages, gender & native places.
- Working with Technical Leads on the Control Solutions for Turbines
- Understanding, Implementing & Testing the change in line with guidelines
- Participate in Implementation & Functional Reviews
- Perform the RCA & provide the solutions
- Provide the solution for turbine improvements on non-standard product requests, Service solutions
- Master degree in Electrical OR electro-mechanical, instrumentation & controls engineering with controls system background
- 0-1 years of Working experience in Simulation/Modelling tools as MATLAB SIMULINK
- Strong Competence on Mathematical modelling of Electro-Mechanical, Hydraulic Systems
- Knowledge on Control Design and Control Tuning using Model Based Control approach
- Good at Control Theory
- Programming knowledge in C++, SQL, Python
- Control System Modelling, Controller Design, Controller Tuning & Controller Verification
- Good knowledge in Power generation concepts.
- Knowledge in Aero Dynamics
- Knowledge on Data engineering, machine learning will be an added advantage
What We Offer
Do you want to have an important part in shaping the wind turbines of tomorrow and the processes related to this? Do you have mindset to provide innovative solutions, then this is a
good opportunity for you! Come join our mission as Engineer Loads in one of the key areas of Loads Department in Design centre Chennai.
We offer a challenging workplace with good professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment
- Carry out projects as per guidelines & process with complete accountability
- Contribute to prepare for technical & peer review
- Contribute to process improvements with innovative solutions & guidelines update
- Contribute to workshops & play a role model
- Ready to learn & build competencies
We offer you the opportunity to make a difference and to work in a multicultural and international company, where you have the possibility to improve your skills and develop professionally.
Your primary workplace will be Vestas India, Chennai.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 15th Nov 2020
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 105 GW of wind turbines in 80 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 86 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 24,500 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.