Do you thrive on solving complex problems? Do you enjoy diving under the surface to uncover how massively scalable systems with multiple dependencies work? If you are seeking a fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation and apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, this is your opportunity!
The International Retail organization is building a team to help expand Amazon’s footprint in India. Our QA team will play a pivotal role in this program, with the mission to build and execute a streamlined QA process for the new business initiative. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic business for Amazon, from the ground up.
Quality Assurance Engineers at Amazon test cutting edge applications and products at the user level and code level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QAEs are not pure black box testers, they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests with Scripting tools and/or user-level automated tools. QAEs at Amazon are excellent individual contributors capable of taking up tasks from start to completion with minimal help. QAEs would be responsible for understanding the domain and the product in detail and coming up with the test strategy/planning, coming up with the test cases, driving the test case sign-off processes with the stakeholders, contributing to code level Unit tests, test execution and reporting.
· Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
· Own the delivery of an integral piece of a system or application.
· Ability to analyze and build automation frameworks suitable for projects. Perform API level and integration testing.
· Constructively identify problems and propose solutions, taking on projects that identify and mitigate risk while measuring software quality.
· Gather and report relevant and actionable metrics.
The ideal candidate will be a leader, quick learner and be able to work independently. He/she should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to hit market is super critical. The candidate will need to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
· At least 2 years of relevant industry experience
· Demonstrated experience in test planning, test design, test strategy, and test execution of highly complex systems.
· Ability to design and plan testing conditions, test scripts, and test data sets to ensure appropriate and adequate coverage and control.
· Experience with QA strategies such as mocking, pairwise testing and UI and API level automation.
· Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools.
· Ability to write quality code in at least one high level language like Java, C, C#, etc.
· Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
· Strong organizational skills, able to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize the results.
· Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings to report on test progress, metrics, issues, and risks.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Experience building Test Automation frameworks and tools
· Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (Preferably Java, on a UNIX or Linux platform)
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems and algorithms
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
· Experience in Agile, Scrum, Kanban and/or Lean software development methodologies.