200 + Employees
About the Company
The Flipkart Group is one of India’s leading digital commerce entities and includes group companies Flipkart, Myntra, and Jabong. Launched in 2007, Flipkart has enabled millions of consumers, sellers, merchants and small businesses to be a part of India’s e-commerce revolution. With a registered customer base of over 100 million, offering over 80 million products across 80+ categories, Flipkart is known for pioneering services such as Cash on Delivery, No Cost EMI and easy returns – customer-centric innovations that have made online shopping more accessible and affordable for millions of Indians. Together with Myntra and Jabong, which hold prominent positions in the online fashion market, the Flipkart Group has steered the transformation of commerce in India through technology.
Workplace Equality at Flipkart
Flipkart respects and values differences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to promoting a diverse workplace culture where every individual is valued for who they are, regardless of race, color, age, faith, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, professional pedigree, physical ability, veteran status, or any other characteristics. We firmly believe that when people with diverse identities and perspectives work together, we create the most value – for our customers, our people, and society. We are committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and belonging, where diverse teams innovate and excel every day.
About the job
In 2007, we started the Flipkart journey by selling books online. But now, over a decade later, our story is quite different. Today, Flipkart is India’s largest online marketplace and one of India’s leading technology powerhouse that is disrupting the way India shops online. What has got us here? The dynamic, passionate and talented folks we call Flipsters!
Our core values define our identity and form the basis of our actions and reflect in everything that we do at Flipkart. Values enable us to shape the desired organizational culture in which each Flipster can thrive and be at their best.
We believe in taking bold bets and changing the paradigm, having a sense of urgency to solve problems strategically and putting great ideas into action. We look at the world from our customer’s point of view and keep customers at the heart of everything we do. We strive to do the right thing always and be committed to our customers and stakeholders.
About The Role
As an Assistant Manager at Flipkart GL team, you will be responsible for preparing monthly financials/reporting pack and performing analytical review of the same. It includes analytical review of various monthly/annual schedules and reporting the same to the management. You will be working closely with Other Finance teams and also with Biz Finance team of various group entities. You will also be responsible for preparation of financial statement of various group companies and will be regularly interacting with the auditors for completion of audit.
About The Team
The Flipkart GL team is on a mission to ensure the compliance with various statutory reporting requirements and compliance with management timelines in relation to monthly and yearly book closure. Also responsible for preparation of Financial statement as per the applicable reporting framework
What You’ll Do
- Analytical review of various deliverables shared by finance team.
- Preparation of MIS, financial pack and Financial statements as per applicable reporting framework on monthly and yearly basis.
- Support to business finance team to resolve there queries.
- Partnering with the finance team to achive the common goal of the entity.
- Understand business goals and contribute to business strategy
- Manage internal and external audit requirements and will also ensure compliance with Sox requirements for assigned activities.
- Reporting to management
- Need to work closely across all the vertical of accounting, tax, consultant, tech etc.
- Understand the best practices of industry and set up benchmark for quality.
- Actively participate in strategic initiatives and special projects when assigned or required.
What You’ll Need
- Chartered accountant.
- 4-5 years of relevant work experience in the GL team and auditing.
- Good Knowledge of AS, Ind AS and IFRS.
- Good knowledge of Companies Act, Direct & Indirect tax.
- Experience of managing teams and delivering high-quality projects on stringent timelines.
- Past experience of working with a startup or managing small and reasonably independent teams
- Adoptable to work in challenging circumstances to meet the timelines
- Strong technical knowledge with a track record of individual technical accomplishments
- Able to work with diverse teams which include Business finance, Legal, tax and IT etc.
- Consumer Goods