200 + Employees
About the job
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
About This Role
Accountable for a single small to medium sized global network delivery or multiple simple global network deliveries.
The global network operates across 198 countries and territories, with 3,400 multinational customers with multiple sites, using 5,200 points of presence.
You’ll Have The Following Responsibilities
- Be able to understand and articulate designs with key stakeholders
- Ensure the scope of delivery is understood, that the solution meets the business need and that plans are comprehensive and are achieved.
- Identify pre requisites to network deliveries and ensure that they are delivered (Interact with account teams to gather information, understand migration scenarios and evaluate the impact to the customer).
- Identify when network deliveries are at risk and take corrective action to resolve
- Accountable for meeting committed finance figures for the network deliveries
- Engage with clients and suppliers including internal stakeholders (regular stakeholder comms)
- Supports engagement with third party suppliers on network solution requirements to ensure that all activities meet Global Networks Engineering Standards guidelines
- Engagement with relevant stakeholders to agree post implementation testing, trial, pilot, launch plans as appropriate
- Ensure you and all delivery agents review, size and commit to the delivery & costs of the design for the network delivery
- Perform a critical order management function by owning and coordinating activities in order to deliver Global Migrations.
- Responsible for multiple activities including port allocation, scheduling, field work packs, resource coordination, PWTs, system updates, inventory control.
- Global record validation and record cleanse – Data analysis and understanding of global systems.
- Neglected cease progression – Identification, follow-up with account teams and successful cease of any unnecessary services – Network analysis, STARS analysis & clear account team communication.
- Router cleanse activities – Timely network config and record removal, ASG interaction as required, provide clean workflow for conformance to prevent rework.
- To support updating of all OSS systems to reflect the true post migration status.
- Produce and agree network delivery plan and manage dependencies
You’ll Have The Following Skills & Experience
- Delivery management:
- strong skills in creating and delivering a network delivery plan including identifying and managing risks, issues, dependencies, finances and resources
- Business acumen:
- Knowledgeable in business strategy and the drivers of organisational performance, including people drivers of performance and financial literacy (e.g. business KPIs, business cases)
- Knowledge and understanding of BT’s Global (IP/MPLS) networks and technologies, products and services.
- Knowledge of Global Network Suppliers – E.G. Cisco, Juniper, Ericsson, Ciena, Huawei, Nortel.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an IP environment.
- Implementation and Migration experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, to people of all levels and functions across the company and present technical topics to the wider planning community.
- Experience in interacting, and negotiating in situations involving multiple cultures.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Experience using and preferably accreditation in a Project Methodology (i.e. Prince2).
- Coaching experience and ability to matrix manage teams.
- Some knowledge and experience of business operations, business strategy, financial and operational strategic analysis.
- Knowledge and or experience in BT Product Portfolio and BT’s Concept to Market Processes
- Continuous improvement and business improvement experience (Identify and implement changes to improve quality and reduce costs)
- Experience of a process driven work-flow environment, Good understanding of the global record systems and how they interact.
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do – and in the people who work here.
We’re now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we’re on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you’re interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it’s like to work at BT
How To Apply
It’s easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don’t worry if you need to make changes – you’ll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
- COVID-19 Notice: We’ve changed our recruitment process so that we can continue to offer exciting opportunities in BT. We’ve moved to ‘virtual hiring’ until further notice – which includes video interviews and virtual onboarding, to make sure that we maintain candidate and employee safety.
Design and delivery
May 6, 2021, 7:29:00 PM